ComputerCraft Mod is a special mod that revolves around computer programming. What this mod exactly does is that it allows players to build some in-game computeres, robots, or turtles as well as to write programs for them with Lua programming language. When heard about this concept, you might think that these modern gadgets seem to be silly in the world of Minecraft where people are living in wooden huts or stone castles. However, there are so many things to enjoy with this mod. Besides, it is also a nice choice for those who are interested in Kraftwerk since it also adds electronics.
This mod brings experience of automation and creativity. In the ComputerCraft Mod, players can program computers to perform different tasks. For instance, they can interact with bundled cables as well as redstone wiring in RedPower2 Mod. With Disk Drives, these computers can also be used to transfer files between computers. Wireless networking, external displays and large, and printing are also added as well.
The ComputerCraft Mod is also a great choice for skilled programmers. It features a whole new Minecraft dimension. Still, it is a useful mod to learn some real world skills for those who are new to program. So don’t be hesitate to give it a try if you have poor coding skill. Overall, this mod brings a whole new different dimension of computer programming to the rustic and simple world of Minecraft.
ComputerCraft Mod Changelogs
v1.76 for Minecraft 1.8
- Added Ender Modems for cross-dimensional communication.
- Fixed handling of 8-bit characters. All the characters in the ISO 8859-1 codepage can now be displayed.
- Added some extra graphical characters in the unused character positions, including a suite of characters for Teletext style drawing.
- Added support for the new commands in Minecraft 1.8 to the Command Computer.
- The return values of turtle.inspect() and commands.getBlockInfo() now include blockstate information.
- Added commands.getBlockInfos() function for Command Computers.
- Added new “peripherals” program.
How to install ComputerCraft Mod?
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest mod version for your Minecraft version.
- Put the .jar file into the mods folder of your Minecraft installation.